How to Clean a Vape Mod and Tank
If you want your vaping equipment to work reliably, to perform as well as it can, to last as long as it can and to taste as good as it can, you’ve got to keep it clean. That’s why the ROBO2020 automatic vape coil cleaner exists. By creating a device that cleans and dries your coils and returns them to a like-new level of performance with little effort on your part, we’ve helped to make the vaping experience better for everyone. ROBO2020 automates the task of cleaning your vape coils – something most vapers would otherwise never do because of the effort involved – and it gets much better results than you could ever get from cleaning your coils manually.
Why stop, though, at just cleaning your coils? If you want to have the best possible vaping experience, your goal should be to keep all of your vape gear as clean as possible – and that includes cleaning your vape mod and your tank.
Why is it worth the effort to clean your vape mod and tank?
- Your vape tank probably goes inside your mouth more often than any other thing that you own. Throughout the day, it’s going to pick up dust, pocket lint and probably even trace levels of bacteria and fungi. Cleaning your tank should always be part of your vape maintenance routine because it’s good for germ protection. You don’t want that stuff going into your mouth.
- Cleaning your mod’s 510 threading and your tank’s center pin helps to ensure good electrical conductivity between the mod and tank. Better conductivity means faster firing, shorter ramp-up times and bigger clouds.
- It’s good for the durability of your vaping device. It’s best to remove stray condensation and dust before those contaminants have an opportunity to get inside your mod. Once contaminants get into your mod’s internal electronics, they’re almost impossible to remove.
- A clean mod looks better and feels nicer in the hand. It elevates the entire vaping experience.
- A clean tank tastes better. If you don’t keep your tank clean, you’ll taste traces of old e-liquid every time you fill your tank with a different vape juice flavor.
In this article, we’re going to walk you through the process of cleaning your vape mod and tank. As you’ll learn, cleaning your vape gear is surprisingly easy and definitely worth the effort – and the benefits speak for themselves. Let’s get started!
How to Clean a Vape Mod
Since a vape mod is basically an enclosed environment, you’ll probably find that it’s the easiest part of your vaping setup to keep clean. Follow these steps to keep your vape mod clean.
- Clean the mod’s display and body panels by rubbing them gently with a soft lint-free cloth. It’s OK to dampen the cloth very slightly if you have difficulty removing a stubborn stain using the cloth alone.
- Use a toothpick to dislodge lint and dust trapped in the seams between the mod’s body panels and other tight spaces.
- To clean the mod’s 510 threading, place a cotton swab in the threading and twist it while pushing down gently. If the threading is very dirty, you may have to repeat the process with a new cotton swab.
How to Clean a Vape Tank
Between your mod and your tank, it’s likely that the tank is the far dirtier component since it’s constantly in your mouth. Thankfully, you can disassemble your tank to make the cleaning process as easy as possible. To clean your vape tank, disassemble it completely and rinse all of the components in your sink. While you have the tank disassembled, check all of the rubber gaskets to make sure that none of them are stretched or torn.
Are you an RDA user? Learn how to clean your RDA coils.
If you disassemble and rinse your tank each time you replace the coil, that’s probably all of the cleaning that you’ll ever need to do. If you’ve been using your tank for a while and haven’t cleaned it before, though, you may need to do a bit of extra work to get your tank back up to a basic level of cleanliness. These tips can help.
- You can always use the ROBO2020 automatic vape coil cleaner to clean your tank’s metal components. Using ROBO2020 is by far the easiest way to clean the tight spaces in a vape tank’s base and chimney.
- If you haven’t ordered your ROBO2020 yet, you can use a cotton swab to dislodge contaminants from the tank’s chimney.
- A toothpick works well for removing lint and dust stuck in the tank’s airflow vents.
- It’s safe to pour boiling water on most vape tanks for disinfection purposes.
How to Clean a Pod Vaping System
Do you have a pod vaping system? As you’re already aware, cleaning a pod system differs from cleaning a standard vape mod in some fairly significant ways. We cover how to clean a vape pod elsewhere on this site, so you’ll want to check that article for instructions on how to clean and reuse your pods. Here, we’ll provide some tips for cleaning the device itself.
- As with a standard vape mod, you can clean the outside of the device simply by rubbing it with a soft lint-free cloth.
- A cotton swab works well for cleaning the compartment under the pod. After removing the pod, use the cotton swab to soak up condensation and clear away any dust or pocket lint lodged under the pod. If the pod compartment has spring-loaded pins, push the pins down gently with a clean cotton swab to remove e-liquid stuck under the pins. If you think that a significant amount of e-liquid may be stuck under the pins, you can force it out by blowing firmly through the bottom of the device.
- Depending on the design of your pod system, it’ll either have a micro USB port for charging, or it’ll have small metal contact plates for connecting to a proprietary charging dock. With either type of charging connection, you can remove any contaminants with a toothpick.